Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Before the clouds rolled in.

Kirby301

A little clear when I got home with Vega sitting a little above the tree line.

I decided to try out the samsung scb2000 on my heritage 130p. No tracking yet.

Put the settings in for planetary nebula and globular clusters from a list that was given to me in another thread.

Now, with no tracking and no focus it took a while to find Vega. I found it in the rdf and then the eye piece,  then in went the camera, out went the camera, in went the eyepiece, out went the eyepiece etc, etc.

A lot of jigging about later and it kind of looks like a star, if you squint your eyes!

However, just as it looked like I was starting to get somewhere the clouds have come over.

20200117_173935.jpg

• Like 3

A great bit of kit I found for using the scb,, is a flip mirror adapter,, if you use a 6.mm eye piece it roughly gives you same view as the Sammy 1/3rd sensor.. 

Stick in a 25mm eyepiece to get you roughly set up then move to the 6.5mm eyepiece,, this was a game changer for me,, saves a lot of time 

• Like 1

Lol,, done a lot of work with the scb 2000,  

Some of the things I done with mine

Removed factory fitted IR filter,, let's in more of the light spectrum we need for astronomy 

First cooling mod I done was to fit a 40mm cooling fan to the outer case,, moved this on a bit more by fitting a 40mm fan behind the lens board,, suck the hot air from this board,, works better than blowing air on it. 

Fitted 18mm fans to the sides of the casing as well,, all fans sucking hot air from camera,, brings internal temp down to ambient temp,, camera temp dropped 12 degree's in 20min test. And dropped zero frames using sharp cap. 

Utc controller,, 

Flip mirror and 6mm lens

Best set up I had was running camera to a cctv dvr,, 4 channel,, I added more cameras with lenses ect.,,, the output to a monitor,, I also put a t piece into this monitor feed and connected a USB video grabber and had a feed going into my laptop,, was great on a multi camera array