Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anydesk question

bottletopburly

I have setup Anydesk on my shed pc I can remotely access with my laptop all seems to work fine better and easier than other software I have used to remotely connect , I keep loosing connection I have unticked direct connection, Anydesk Soloution for dropped connection  ,listening port 7070 same on both computers, my bullguard firewall has Anydesk allowed but disabling firewall seems to fix the problem, does anyone know how I can fix this problem, not a major problem as I can disable firewall when imaging but if there is a Soloution that can fix it then that will better . 

Powerline is not really direct....   and connection resiliency will rely on the distance\ring circuit etc. personally I consider them on a par \ worse than Wifi

If you can run, a Cat5\6 ethernet cable between your shed & house.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Powerline is not really direct....   and connection resiliency will rely on the distance\ring circuit etc. personally I consider them on a par \ worse than Wifi

If you can run, a Cat5\6 ethernet cable between your shed & house.

I could run a cable but rather not , the problem seems to be my firewall as it seems to work fine if firewall disabled.

any info on their site regarding any other ports used and if tcp/udp? Could be it needs a bit more opening than just the one port.

As to powerline, they are better these days if using the MIMO types tho a huge amount depends on the mains wiring, crossing the consumer unit, electrical noise from things like LED bulbs etc. Also never mix different spec ratings or you slow the entire network to the slowest type on the grid. I run AV1300's and they hold up reliably giving 450-800mbps, tho you do see occasional stalls on the remote CCTV camera feeds. I have the PLAs set for streaming QOS and am running trunked vlan's over them. I've also read that some go sleep the ports if no apparent traffic, which you can work around by running occasional pings to devices the other side. Yeah you've a connection so shouldn't happen, but seems it can. My LAN switches I've turned off green mode too for the same reason.