NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Phd2 ra error?

Hi! 

I am having trouble with phd2. 

I have polar aligned my scope using sharpcap pro and the error is around 0,09-0,19.

I have calibrated phd2 near Meridian line for around 1000 seconds and applied the corrections but my error is really high.. 

PLEASE whats wrong? 

Also, should I enable pixels or arc seconds in phd2? Currently I'm using arc seconds. 

IMG_20200104_204402.jpg

IMG_20200104_185604.jpg

Hi

A PHD2 log file might be needed for those who really understand it and help more. Have you tried unbalancing the mount a bit in RA, try sliding the counter weights one way or another an inch or two and see how it then looks. I would also try increasing you guide scope exposure to maybe 2.5 or 3 seconds and see if this make any difference.

The main thing to be looking at is you images once they have been stacked and see how it looks. I too suffer from RMS fever and need to keep myself in check.

Large Dec backlash, but the mount is coping fairly well, RA is the immediate problem

1 hour ago, Calzune said:

I have calibrated phd2 near Meridian line for around 1000 seconds

I guess you mean you ran the Guiding Assistant for 1000 Secs?

A PHD2 Guide Log that includes a Calibration would help.

Using arcsecs is the norm.

Michael