NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron omni

omni plossl are fine for your scope

some plossl eps can cost $20 more then a generic plossl cause the base models may only be coated then a better model can be multi coated then the best ones are fully multi coated eps. super plossl are norm 52 degree fov where most plossl are 50 degree fov. Yes only 2 degree fov difference. The super pl may have an eye cup and a rubber mid barrel to grip the ep easier with gloves etc.

so these can be why you may see some pl eps from others that are like $20 difference the very cheapest ones tho maybe plastic so watch out for those and dont even buy those BUT the omni ones are the reg plossl 50 degree fov and i belivie multi coated so for you should be fine in a 4.5" reflector.

joejaguar

• Like 1

I'm sure they're fine, but I went with GSO/Revelation Super Plossls because they were cheaper with a black body.  Otherwise, they're pretty similar.  In the past, the Omni had a shiny, body colored ring around the eye lens, so make sure to check for this if buying used.

Hi guys thanks for the info I am buying new from FLO was looking at the Celestron kit but Martin at FLO said that at least 4 eyepieces in the kit I would not use so will get the Omni , I am trying to get the money together to get the skywatcher  150p on the eq3 mount and if I can get enough the go-to version 

Edited by Neil H
  • Like 2