Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cold camera woes

Hi, my Canon 600d died on me after a few minutes in the cold, I have a battery grip that holds two batteries and they had been on charge all day. After some discussion with knowledgeable folk it became clear that the batteries had died dew to the cold. Anyone have any idea how to prevent this?

Try one of these systems ......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro®-7600mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-replacing/dp/B00S5FN0UO/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=ex-pro+LP-e8+dummy+battery&qid=1576069498&s=electronics&sr=1-6

This is for the Canon 60D  etc.....   but I did buy one for the 600D about 2 years ago, just can't find the product.

If not, buy the powerpack and then a dummy battery capable of fitting in the 600D   ( It's something like a LP-8 .

DSLR's have quite an unusual input voltage if I recall.....

The beauty of this is that you can keep the battery pack warm  independently .....

You may think ahead and buy a power source that will also power a dew band as well.....   long exposure photography falls victim to the cold temps in terms of condensation as well as inadequate batteries.

Edited by Craney