Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Concentre secondary position issue

As you can see in the first photo, the secondary is as near as damn it, in the correct position. Problem is, as you can see from the second photo, the secondary adjustment screws are nowhere near long enough. Would the addition of 2 or 3 plastic discs from a milk carton fill the gap sufficiently or will I require longer screws ? 

The scope is brand new and as yet I haven't used it, thanks to our wonderful British weather, so I'm rather concerned at this issue. 

What are your thoughts please ? 

IMG_20191201_145938.jpg

IMG_20191201_150022.jpg

You have several options -

Spacer(s) between the ends of the 3 bolts and the secondary mount.

Longer screws.

Shift the spider ( least good option ) but not difficult.

But in all cases, make certain that the center bolt is fully engaged by several threads in the secondary mount.

Ed.

It's a OOUK VX10L and it's brand new so I sincerely hope the spider is properly located. I'm fairly certain that the focuser is in the correct position. There doesn't appear to be any way to move the focuser base plate. 

I've removed the secondary and put 4 plastic discs between the screws and base of the secondary holder. They are now holding the secondary in a far better position although there is now precious little movement available in the 3 screws. 

IMG_20191201_155339.jpg

IMG_20191201_155357.jpg

IMG_20191201_155939.jpg

Edited by Ally8446
Additional photo
  • Like 1