Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PixInsight 1.8.8 and Starnet++ Module -SOLVED

Adreneline

Hi.

I've just installed PixInsight 1.8.8 for Windows and reinstated the Starnet++ files in the /bin subdirectory.

I've tried to install the starnet++ module without success; it worked fine with the previous version of PI but not with 1.8.8.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I doing something wrong? SEE BELOW.

Adrian

P.S. I ran the command line version test and it works just fine so I'm sure the tensorflow.dll is compatible.

P.P.S. I'm all sorted and up and running. My SourceForge download was incomplete. I now have the missing dll.

Edited by Adreneline
Clarification
  • Like 1

• Adreneline changed the title to PixInsight 1.8.8 and Starnet++ Module -SOLVED
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi ... I have been trying to add the Starnet++ module into Pixinsight .... but I can seem to get it recognised. I downloaded the files and pasted them into the Pixinsight bin .... but I must be doing something wrong 😞

I have just upgraded to Pixinsight v 1.8.8-3 .... and I also find that I can no longer log-in to the Pixinsight Forum to find help there with this.

Can anybody give me some indication of the whole process , step-by-step, so that I can get it up and running?

Cheers Mike

14 hours ago, SlimPaling said:

Hi ... I have been trying to add the Starnet++ module into Pixinsight .... but I can seem to get it recognised. I downloaded the files and pasted them into the Pixinsight bin .... but I must be doing something wrong 😞

I have just upgraded to Pixinsight v 1.8.8-3 .... and I also find that I can no longer log-in to the Pixinsight Forum to find help there with this.

Can anybody give me some indication of the whole process , step-by-step, so that I can get it up and running?

Cheers Mike

What OS are you using Windows or Mac.

I installed it on my iMac running macOS 10.14.6. and Pixinsight v 1.8.8-3 just  by following the step by step  instructions in the README.txt file that is included with the download.  It certainly involves more than a simple copy and paste.

Everything just worked fine.   I assume there will be an equivalent README.txt file for the windows version.

Edited by wornish

I have now solved my problem loading Starnet++ into Pixinsight.

I had downloaded the "stand Alone" version instead of the "PI version". It wasn't easy to find the version that I wanted as Source Forge seems to have two different download pages for Starnet ! ... but I got there in the end 🙂

• Like 1

On 19/12/2019 at 14:58, alcol620 said:

Hi Adrian can you show a screenshot of the file list that you copy over to the Pixinsight bin? PI having trouble finding the module. Thanks

Hi.

Apologies for the lack of response - I only just found your post on the thread I started back in November.

This is the Windows files set:

453791464_Screenshot2020-01-0523_54_57.png.ff3075345081e87103f3d5b49cbc4dc9.png

and this is the MacOS file set:

156455609_Screenshot2020-01-0523_55_11.png.26c4ac7abc178fd83a56acba334b2dd5.png

Hopefully you are up and running with Starnet++. Have to say I only use the Windows version as I cannot be bothered with the MacOS command line running in Terminal. The Win version works a treat on .xsif as well as .tif files.

Apologies again for the tardy response.

Adrian

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Adrian.

Solved in the end as I was running the appropriate version of Windows10 BUT I had a desttop that was somewhat old. Following help from Steppenwolf and further investigation it was found that to download the software and get it to run, the PC had to have a CPU that was made after 2011 as before that date CPUs did not support AVX instructions (whatever that means!). My desktop was made before 2011, so no matter what I did the software would not download and run. When I tried on my more modern laptop everything was fine.

• 5 months later...
On 04/01/2020 at 14:02, SlimPaling said:

I have now solved my problem loading Starnet++ into Pixinsight.

I had downloaded the "stand Alone" version instead of the "PI version". It wasn't easy to find the version that I wanted as Source Forge seems to have two different download pages for Starnet ! ... but I got there in the end 🙂

having the same problem

can't find which version to use for PI

can you please share the link?

thanks

This link appears to work for all three versions (OS, Win, Linux).

The Win version works as a module from within PI. Follow the PI instructions for how to install a new module into the Process list.

HTH

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline

21 minutes ago, stelaras1 said:

having the same problem

can't find which version to use for PI

can you please share the link?

thanks

Hi .... you should find it at " https://sourceforge.net/projects/starnet/ " ....

I am pretty certain that I got it from the link shown on this screen .... it was some time ago now :-)

Cheers Mike

• Like 1