APT 1st timer.

So we finally got a clear night up here in the North of England.

Ive had Astrophotography Tool installed for about a year but didn't have a clue how to use it.

I watched numerous YouTube vids and finally got to have a go tonight.

Along with Cartes du Ciel, PHD2, All Sky Platesolver, and EQMod, I think ive kinda worked it out to a basic level anyway.

Got my camera cooling fantastically thru the APT and when worked out the way to use the plate solving I was landing in the middle everytime.

So far very happy, looks like I may get some good results this winter. Depending on the northern skies of course.

Heres tonights attempts with the new software.

1 Hour of M82

1 Hour of M33

and just to see if it landed on it 8 mins of M31

Cheers

Stu

1hourM33.jpg

M31_8mins.jpg

M82_1hr.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Nice shots!

Yes I also use APT and think it is great software! I got used to it very quickly. I was thinking of making a donation/buying full version but I am still evaluating it really.

I am also trialing Sequence Generator Pro, which may work better with my Sesto Senso robotic focuser as it has auto focusing capabilities.

If I switch to SGP I think I will miss some features of APT (I like the dark screen and the lady telling me when my equipment is connected/disconnected! 🙂 ).

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

daemon

• Thanks 1

Nice images, it must be great to slew around the sky to objects with the plate solving working, but this will no doubt prove very useful to precisely pin point the same object over multiple nights if we are ever that fortunate with the weather.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2019 at 15:20, daemon said:

am also trialing Sequence Generator Pro, which may work better with my Sesto Senso robotic focuser as it has auto focusing capabilities.

Apt has auto focusing tools , I use it all the time 

the Goto ++ is a god send too in APT , I pick a target from objects Use Goto ++ then name and save object in custom catalogue, then next outing of that target use the custom file .