Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

VDB 152 14x3mins Epsilon

tooth_dr

It's very much a learning process with this scope.  I'm getting to grips with focusing, and then lost 4 hours of subs to what I think was probably dew - there is a lighter ring around the bright star in the middle of the field, present in the 15th sub onwards, and then fading from the 70th sub onwards.

So this is the stack of the least affected subs of VDB152, also known as CED201.  I'm looking forward to what I can do when I get it working correctly.

Clear skies

Adam.

VDB-152.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 7

Is this dew on the secondary causing the issue or else where in the optical system  ??

I had issues on Wednesday night, it literally must have been something in the air that night.  Ended up aiming a fan heater across the open end of the 10" quattro.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Craney said:

Is this dew on the secondary causing the issue or else where in the optical system  ??

I had issues on Wednesday night, it literally must have been something in the air that night.  Ended up aiming a fan heater across the open end of the 10" quattro.

Probably the secondary! It was literally so wet in the obsy this mornin it looked like it had rained.