SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sh2-114 ha - here be dragons

Ibbo!

Hi Steve, I thought there was a load more data there for 21hours of Ha and a quick stretch in PI and sure enough you have some lovely detail in there.

I wasn't aware we could get this up in the Midlands, I'm going to have to research as I would love to do this, probably because I was getting confused with the Fighting Dragons.

Lovely capture BTW.

image.thumb.png.d0380e91e32c65ecadb49140ef3ab779.png

Edited by Jkulin
  • Thanks 1

Thanks folks

9 hours ago, alan potts said:

Very nice image Steve, they must be faint, I think that is as long an exposure that I have seen anyone use.

Alan

I have been using that sort of exposure on the "squid" for about 3 years.

3 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Hi Steve, I thought there was a load more data there for 21hours of Ha and a quick stretch in PI and sure enough you have some lovely detail in there.

I wasn't aware we could get this up in the Midlands, I'm going to have to research as I would love to do this, probably because I was getting confused with the Fighting Dragons.

Lovely capture BTW.

image.thumb.png.d0380e91e32c65ecadb49140ef3ab779.png

Thanks

I did stretch it harder but brought it back as the noise I thought the noise was coming through.

This one is in Cygnus and I have seen it called the flying dragon somewhere else esp with this orientation.

I have just worked out how to put the shapeless catalogue into C-du-C but I don't think getting fed up after 2 hours is going to help me capture anything of this one. I actually found a nice one last night took 6 x 4 mins and this morning couldn't remember where it was or what it was. No hope for me Rob.

Alan

• Like 1