NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Well what a night !! Please sir, I want MORE !

beamish

First I would just like to say a big thank you to George and Reggie for helping out this am re guiding :D and everyone else for keeping co. in the wee small hours. Just got up and too excited, had a quick look at last night's data and well here's a single frame ( untouched so far) from a run of my very first guided image.

M1 Crab Nebula ISO 800 at 180s ,modded 300D at prime on the Cape and the LP rejection filter from that chappy on e-bay

So looking fwd to stacking and processing all later, after another cup o' coffee :hello2: .

10831_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I agree George.

PS my little problem ?- I'd left the setting on "On Camera" instead of Ascom and eqmod etc What an idiot !!!

I had great fun last night though and I've made a start on the data (course this is where it really goes belly up ) :D

Cheers once again George. :thumbright:

You were lucky. Earlier in the night seeing was reasonable but got worse as dew and frost descended added to which was noticeable light pollution from the east and south east of my location (it is usually only noticeable from the west and NW). Imaged the moon using my Neximage with both the C9.25 and WO Megrez 72. The lower power images from the Megrez were OK but not as good as I have captured in the past. Got up at 3.00 to view and image Saturn - views were rubbish. Not too bad at low power on the Megrez but no detail visible just three of the gas giant's satellites. The C9.25 simply revealed a fuzzy white blob with the same three satellites. The edge on ring was however discernable.

I can only put matters down to light pollution, frost and dew (although the C9.25 was kept clear with the dew-not, the megrez simply fogged up after an hour - I need a dew band for that). Got a skywatcher LP filter on order form FLO, hope that helps with the skyglow.

I was hoping that with a clear frosty night seeing would be good, but it was amongst the worse I have seen. I did image the moon on the evening of the 6th which were passable, but not great, and Saturn at 3.00 to 6.00 am on the 7th, but all I got was a fuzzy unsharp blob with the vaguest hint of banding and the slightest hint of the ring - not good and I won't be posting them!

Still, some compensation for being up in the wee small hours: a particularly bright meteor streaking across low in the eastern sky!

Brinders

Archived