Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 Ha and OIII

kirkster501

This is my first data set with OIII filter so I've done the HOO palette (RGB) with 90 mins of Ha and 50 mins of OIII - 5 minute exposures  Posted this a few weeks ago but have reprocessed it.  Need more data and longer exposures next time I do it.

An immediate observation is how powerful the OIII channel is, I never expected it to dominate as much as it does.

EDIT: I used my TEC140 and Atik 460 CCD camera with Astrodon 3nm Ha and 3nm OIII (both 1.25").

HOO_Pixel_Math.thumb.jpg.95428a0386ec2fff80d1ef4b50fc1abf.jpg

Edited by kirkster501
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, FaDG said:

A lot of data in there for the short integrato time! 

What is the used setup and where did you shoot from? 

Thanks.  Sorry I should have said.  I used my TEC140 and Atik 460 CCD camera with Astrodon 3nm Ha and 3nm OIII (both 1.25").

I will edit the post above.

Great to see the outer shells showing up - and with 5 minute exposures too.  It's a long time since I imaged M27 but I think it's still one of the images I'm most proud of.  I found that tweaking the colour scheme a little to use a lighter blue and more orangey-red brought out more contrast in the shells.

As Olly has said, there should be more to come from the main nebula.