NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear Outside Update

FLO

We mentioned some time back that we were testing some experimental features in Clear Outside which include additional cloud forecasts from 7Timer as well as seeing predictions and another cloud forecast from a third source.

These experimental features are now available in the mobile apps, scroll to the bottom of the forecast to turn them on or off:

IMG_1304.thumb.jpg.88a2d63ff3fc3e37bb61f1bebc3797bf.jpg

Once on you will see the additional data:

IMG_1303.thumb.jpg.8688d6827dfe4c0a64f54732e76454a3.jpg

This is experimental so bear that in mind but we would be interested to see how you think the other forecasts compare to the default ones we use.

All of this is part of our project to rebuild the Clear Outside website and mobile apps, the site is over 4 years old now so it's time for a refresh and as part of that we want to add in all the additional features people have been asking for - unit of measurement settings, alerts (possibly!) and the ability to see multiple forecast sources in one place and hopefully, the option to choose what sources YOU want to prioritise for your forecast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Don't forget, these are experimental so at the moment the colours don't make much sense, we are working on that.

Seeing and transparency - lower is better.

Lifted index - this can be used to predict the chance of thunderstorms, I would ignore the values for this for now as it needs more work.

If you press on the label it gives a little more info but 7t means it comes from 7timer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I love Clear Outside but I dont get the seeing predictions at all from this (7 timer) or meteoblue. According to this the seeing on Mauna Kea will be 60 on saturday, so poor- very poor and the same as central Edinburgh. Looking at a weather forecast for Mauna Kea gives a seeing predition of 0.5" for saturday so that seems rather spectacular; i highly doubt Edinburgh will have 0.5" seeing...

• 1 year later...

A simple explanation of what the experimental features means on the App pages would be very helpful.  What do the values of 7t Seeing/Transparency/etc ranges from and what do they mean.  

At the moment there doesn’t seem to be a legend or am I missing something?

• 3 months later...