Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Close up Bubble (NGC7635) Bi-colour

Craney

Is there such a  thing as a clear night these days ?? !!

For the past two weeks I have been 'out there' perched on the bench thinking ...." The Met office says it's a clear,  but that cloud is  actually coming in !!"

Well, last night promised 4 hours but in reality I had about 2 good ones with drifting cirrostratus and then a 80-90% Moon as well.

So here is the best I have so far of a close up Bubble Nebula.    (  Mak 140 with 0.67x reducer on HEQ5,  Phd2,  Focal length  1340mm )   ( 12x10mins Ha, 9x10mins OIII)

1130389189_Ha-OIIIBiColorImage2.thumb.jpg.927c6dacb3041a554531d1b3e365533b.jpg

10min subs !!... just to get the star count up so DSS could stack them.     A bit of elongation on the stars which I think is PhD2 adjusting to passing cloud.

Sean.

• Like 4

Very nice image for starters.

Yeah, I totally get what you mean about Met Office and clouds. Last night, I was expecting clear skies all night. Clouds moved in as the Sun set. Met office then spent the next three hours moving the clear skies away....By 11 it will be clear....10:50, refresh.....by Midnight it will be clear....11:50 refresh....By 1am it will be clear!! Blooming bed posts...I could be sleeping now!!..... Checked when the next rain forecast was....1pm Sunday....Fine..Leave SGP running...Off to bed @ 1:30am with the clouds just starting to part.

Checked subs this morning.....Maybe 30% OK...rest, clouds fogging the image. Oh well, it is the UK!! ........If it were easy, I would be bored and find a different hobby :)

10 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

What a bubble Sean. I’ve yet to get but this is making me really really keen to get going. Superb

Thanks Adam.

Over the last week or so I have collected a real mish-mash of sub frames,  no set of which were really good enough to push through the complete processing arc.    I think  ( famous last words !!)  I will call it quits for now and select another target in the Cygnus area before that slips over the horizon.

With the Bubble you tend to get that bright sector of emission light dominating the image, so you have to be careful that you do not get it dominating the rest of the detail.

I don't think there is much going on with  SII,  which is probably a relief !!   

Go on have a go.   Use a nice decent focal length as well, otherwise it does look like a pimple rather than a globe.

Sean.

8 minutes ago, Star101 said:

...Met Office and clouds.

..Leave SGP running...

If it were easy, I would be bored and find a different hobby :)

Thanks.  It's a starting point at least.    As they say,  " a few more hours data on it will  Iook a lot better....."     There-in lies madness !!                                                   

It would be nice to get a Celestron 8HD or something of that size  hoovering up the photons......  #Wish_list.   I have recently acquired an RC6....   tempting to give that a go.... or maybe my 250mm F4 Newt...... oh no... here we go.

Yes, Met-Office.   I read somewhere that Pine cones  are only 25% less accurate at forecasting the weather !!   I think they must limit the accuracy of forecasts depending on how much you are prepared to pay.   They seem to have a mid-night cut off as well.  Notice how many times a clear sky ends or begins at mid-night.  Then as 12 o'clock approaches, it evolves again into another forecast.   Very frustrating.   I do think we get it bad in the UK.   Maybe Iceland and Norway have worse.

Aye, it aint easy.   I think I will thrash myself with Birch twigs and walk around bare footed on hot B-B-Q coals the next time  I do some imaging.  

sean.

• Like 1