NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pegasus Focus Cube William Optics compatibility

Good afternoon everyone

i wanting to purchase a Pegasus Focus Cube for my William Optics Zenithstar and wanted to know if anyone has managed to do so successfully? From what I’ve read my only option is a Moonlite autofocuser but this comes in at £550 including the correct bracket needed, this seems a lot of money to enable auto focus? Any help would be appreciated. I’ve included an image of the underside of my scope to show what it looks like.

kelly

7D28F3BB-F820-4C6F-B58B-56CEE807662F.jpeg

I've got a Pegasus focuscube. I've also got a couple of Lakeside Astro motor focusers. LA will make a bracket to fit your scope. I always ordered mine through Ian King, don't know if that's still possible now he's with FLO. The Pegasus comes with a bracket designed to fit most focusers, or you could attach to a dovetail. There is info on their site. I chose the Pegasus as the telescope was to go on a dual rig and I can only control one from the Mount Hub Pro, the focuscube just plugs straight into a pc. I was looking at the Primaluce one too but that was expensive.  I have got the extra handset for it too so I can use it without the pc (and move the focuser completely in so I can put the scope back in its case when I've forgotten to do so when I'm packing it up!).

Both makes work well as long as the small grub screws stay tight.

8 minutes ago, Anne S said:

I've also got a couple of Lakeside Astro motor focusers. LA will make a bracket to fit your scope. I always ordered mine through Ian King, don't know if that's still possible now he's with FLO. 

Lakeside Astro motor focusers will be available at FLO soon, probably from September onwards (when Ian joins us). 

HTH, 

Steve