Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn with a Bridge Camera

have been thinking to try this with my Fuji S100FS bridge, is only 14x (400mm) tho. Was considering fixing it to the skywatcher 130 EQ2 with the RA drive to allow longer exposures but not got around to it yet given the fiddling about I've been doing with other scopes. Guess the EQ5 with synscan might work better if I could mount it on the back of the 100RS somehow...

Edited by DaveL59
  • Like 1

See what you can get from the moon.

I can only do 1-second exposures at higher ISOs - my phone is better for stars!

The new Nikon P1000 looks amazing, I tried the P900 out the other day (x83 zoom!) and it was pretty fantastic and costs the same as my P520 did!

8 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

See what you can get from the moon.

I can only do 1-second exposures at higher ISOs - my phone is better for stars!

The new Nikon P1000 looks amazing, I tried the P900 out the other day (x83 zoom!) and it was pretty fantastic and costs the same as my P520 did!

Loads of videos on YouTube with the P1000, they look a lot of fun. Strangely they're the tool of choice for flat Earthers. They use them to zoom over large lakes or the sea to try and prove the Earth is flat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lockie said:

They use them to zoom over large lakes or the sea to try and prove the Earth is flat. 

😭

I would be lost without the P520, it's my most useful work tool as I use photos a lot in my work. I can use it for things where a DSLR would be completely impractical and I have never had any problems with image quality shooting on high quality all the time.  Compared to a DSLR the image quality can drop off in the corners with wide angle shots, but this has never been an issue in practice.

Edited by Stub Mandrel