Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Doing EEVA with tablet computers

JeremyS

Is it possible to connect one of the standard imaging cameras used for EEVA to a tablet/iPad? Or do you have to use something like ASIair?

And, if so, is there suitable software available for imaging stacking and processing?

I'm thinking in terms of lightweight set-up without laptop + power supply etc.

The ASI usb3 cameras can be used directly with a tablet (you may need an OTG ) with ASICap.   I used a 224 with an asus 7 tablet and a solar scope at a school recently and it was easy for the kids to see what was happening and take pictures (the 224 was too small a chip for a full disk, so next time I'll use a bigger camera). 

I haven't tried stacking and processing with the tablet though.

Helen

• Thanks 1

I have recently bought a Windows 10 tablet to use with my Atik Infinity as the Infinity software is only available for Windows. Haven't used it in earnest yet but testing showed it works.  I got it for use with my portable set up when camping out (when it's clear!).

Mark

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...