NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Need a spare part eq5 mount.

gavinb21

Hi, trying to pass on my Skywatcher P200 on the eq5 mount.

I seem to be missing the metal bar that secures the mount to the tripod, could be called the primary locking shaft, it also attaches the accessory tray, I still have the tray.

Where can I find one of these tried everything tonight and 3 hours later nothing.

Also the Altitude Adjustment T-bolts Azimuth Adjustment Knobs seem to have seized up not sure what to do ???

Cheers Gavin

lockshaft.JPG

I looked for an EQ5 bolt recently and just could not find one anywhere.

An EQ5 uses regular M10 threaded not UNC.  If using threaded rod you would need to drill out the top plate on the tripod to a slightly larger size so the rod pases through freely and put a nut on the top to stop the rod from dropping out or file down a section of the rod as shown in this photo. Then get a couple of threaded M10 knobs.Then you need a way to tighten the rod. You could drill through the upper knob and pin it.

This is an EQ6 bolt but the EQ5 is similar.The EQ6 is M12.

77EF685F-7751-4693-9EC9-733E79B3C80B.jpeg

Edited by johninderby

+1 for the 10mm studding.

I had to replace the lock shaft on my EQ5 a while back.  Two wing nuts, one plain nut and three repair washers from the local DIY store were all that I needed:

715070869_01711.jpg.e3cff5136beb0b141b2c1f98cfd8efc7.jpg

If you want to be super neat, you could put a tube around the exposed threads above the oddments tray, but I haven't felt the need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, almcl said:

+1 for the 10mm studding.

I had to replace the lock shaft on my EQ5 a while back.  Two wing nuts, one plain nut and three repair washers from the local DIY store were all that I needed:

715070869_01711.jpg.e3cff5136beb0b141b2c1f98cfd8efc7.jpg

If you want to be super neat, you could put a tube around the exposed threads above the oddments tray, but I haven't felt the need.

I will take a look at my local screwfix see if they have the bits and pieces i would need cheers

• Like 1

I've used 10mm studding from Boltworld on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A4-STAINLESS-STEEL-FULLY-THREADED-ROD-BAR-STUDDING-THREAD-M3-M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-M12/123688180241?var=424280793959&hash=item1ccc63da11:m:mbkdK5_7b9WP32-_NxoGRWA) to attach my mount to my pier.....

Being A4 stainless steel rod & nuts, means I never have to worry about anything rusting\seizing up ...