Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tadpoles SHO reworked

emyliano2000

27 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

If you could sort out stacking in PI that would be great - it has some advantages over DSS (at least I think so).

- it will calibrate subs using 32 bit precision (I think DSS is limited to doing that in 16bit - at least it was in version 3.3.2 - last I have used, there are later versions now and that might be fixed).

- it can use Lanczos resampling when doing registration / alignment of frames - that is a big plus I believe (DSS uses bilinear / bicubic still?)

PI should provide you with cleaner stack and tighter stars, also try to save your work in 32bit format, preferably FITS - as it is standard for astronomy software.

I'm gonna do my best to stack in Pi from now on. I have the all the stacking steps saved. I followed the LightVortex tutorial and saved each step from start to finish. I never used subframe selector but I run them all trough blink.

DSS is at version 4.2.1 now and it does save in 32bit format. I save them as tiffs because I take the stack directly to photoshop and Ps doesn't recognise fits files.

Love both images. For me, I think the right colour scheme would be something in between the first and second.  I like the second one but perhaps it's a bit too subtle - perhaps if you could keep the dark nebula as in the second and make it darker and but bring out the golden hues and the icy blues in the second it may be worth trying out to see what you think. Anyways, just my thoughts but if I had to pick one absolutely as is, I'd say the second is better colour scheme wise. 

--Ram

On 30/07/2019 at 23:39, emyliano2000 said:

I'm gonna do my best to stack in Pi from now on. I have the all the stacking steps saved. I followed the LightVortex tutorial and saved each step from start to finish. I never used subframe selector but I run them all trough blink.

DSS is at version 4.2.1 now and it does save in 32bit format. I save them as tiffs because I take the stack directly to photoshop and Ps doesn't recognise fits files.

I have the Pixinsight book and I can tell you the pre processing tutorial in that is virtually the same as the LVA website. The only thing I skip now is the LocalNormalisation and Drizzle steps as they take soooooo long. I have a set of pre process icons saved now so just load them up and pre process. All the settings are saved. Speeds things up.

• Like 1