NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

m42 with modded canon (1st try)

cosmos

Isn't it just great to capture a bit of the universe to keep - especially something as beautiful as M42. I posted my first DSLR image of M42 a couple of days ago 'M42 courtesy of Sky at night' and received some really helpful suggestions about vignetting and gradients. The before and after images are worth a look.

Mike

I hope you don't mind me playing around with your picture; I just removed the gradient with PixInsightLE and applied deep space noice reduction with noels actions. To get rid of the orange part in the middle of your image you'll have to take "flat" frames or "fake it" with PixInsight or a program like it.

A great start and a fantastic object to photograph. It jumps out at you after just 10 seconds of exposure!

10634_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

thanks ron,

had a thought billy i am using a 8" meade snt with the corrector plate at the top i cant understand why i get the circle of light as there are stars on the outside of it i thought at first it could be the camera chip is bigger than the secondry mirror but that cant be the case

Nice 1st image with your modded Canon Cosmos.......

Dont worry too much about the circle of light you get on your images, most of the time it can be sorted out during processing.......

I too get the same `circle of light` in some of my images, only seems to happen when the target im imaging is fairly low in the sky......whether it happens because of distant street lights or weather conditions who knows.......

Next time you get out imaging bump up your ISO setting to 800, and try taking some darks, flats and bias frames as well and see if this makes a difference........

Mark

Archived