Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best bino for the NA / Veil nebula.

tico

Difficult to give a definitive answer, because there are so many variables ranging from the state of your skies through the quality of the binocular to your observing experience and the acuity of your vision.

In my mid-60s, under 20.7 mag/arcsec skies, I have seen NGC7000 with the unaided eye and NGC6992 with 10x50s and averted vision; in both cases, very high in the sky. The trick with NGC7000 is to look for the dark patch that forms the "Gulf of Mexico", and not to use too much magnification: it is so big that, if it fills the field of view, it can be difficult to discern. My most satisfying views have come with a 10x50. In a very dark sky, with young eyes, it might be easier with a 7x50.  NGC6992 is different; it can take more magnification because it is smaller. I've seen it best with a 37x100 binocular (20x 0r 25x might be easier, but I was satisfied with 37x, so I didn't bother changing the eyepieces).

Edited by BinocularSky
typo
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Julio Inoa said:

I just bought the Giant View 25 x 100. I hope to see great things in the universe. Any advise? Thanks Julio Inoa

Wow. I would start off by looking at star clusters.  Cassiopeia is full of them and nicely placed right now. At x25 I have enjoyed dozens of clusters, both closed and open

Enjoy

Mark

• Like 1

Thanks. I used to own a telescope back when I lived in New York City. I didn’t know how to use it so I gave it a way to a friend. I will practice using this binocular. I had read lots of comments about this binoculars and I get confuse, because people said good things and bad things about it.

Make sure you have a good mount and then just sweep up and down the milkyway... lots of stars and interesting clusters. For the veil and north emetics you want the best skies you can, rather than a specific binocular.

Peter

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...