NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC6888 50.7 hours

Datalord

Alright, I finished this one up. Quite a lot of work to gather all this data. I even threw away 30 more hours due to various problems with my setup. On top of that, it was my first time processing HaOIIILRGB.

NGC6888.thumb.jpg.86b7f87c6af2092d3f270dcd9994af4e.jpg

All acquisition data:

image.png.ce7d48a5c493c74726481f762d1ec180.png

I processed it in PI, with finishing touches in PS. Especially getting the Oxygen to come forward was done in PS, which is a godsend. The original image is 3 times larger because I drizzled it before processing. I made a HOO for the main image and used LRGB for a starfield which I masked in in the end.

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, HunterHarling said:

You can make it more blue by using a mask of the OIII and reducing the red saturation in it.

Yeah, that did push it a bit more into the deep blue. Thanks.

1277283121_NB_Master_clone@033x.thumb.jpg.3475d677689007a7809f843c920bdfee.jpg

50 hours is an unimaginably frightening amount of time to a dabbler like myself. If I get 5 to 10 hours decent imaging in during the course of the astronomical "season" I'm doing well.  Presumably you leave the kit all set up to go when the opportunity occurs. Do you concentrate on the one object over the course of many nights, or might you image different objects? 

I have it set up in E-Eye in Spain, so I just log onto the computer from home and roll off the roof and start my thing. The frightening part about this setup is that I'm 2000km away if something goes wrong. And something has gone wrong a time or three.

2 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Do you concentrate on the one object over the course of many nights, or might you image different objects? 

I do only one object per night because sleep and I prefer more data on one object than hopping around.