Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ADC tips needed

Davey-T

After the surprise tree felling by a neighbour I can now image the present planets from the obs'y so as usual threw some money at it and bought a ZWO ADC from FLO and to cover all bases an Astronomik Pro Planet 642BP filter which arrived this morning so it will probably rain for a month now.

Read about their use but not really taken it in and obviously it comes with no instructions so can anyone recommend a good how to source on using one.

Thanks,

Dave

4 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Read about their use but not really taken it in and obviously it comes with no instructions so can anyone recommend a good how to source on using one.

Hi Dave,

Try these 2 articles from Martin Lewis's website. He's one of the best UK based planetary imagers with lots of useful info posted on line.

http://www.skyinspector.co.uk/atm-dispersion-corrector--adc

http://www.skyinspector.co.uk/adcs-part2

Good luck, Geof

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought one (ZWO) very recently and found it very easy to set up and use for both visual and imaging. The refs above or the online manual from ZWO were excellent - it is much easier to use than I had imagined, and certainly appears to improve images more than just rgb stacking in Autostakkert can do. Enjoy, and hopefully some clear nights before Jupiter and Saturn slide into the dusk....

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Martins site is well worth book marking, lots of great advice on there. I had the pleasure of meeting last year, a real nice guy and very helpful. His images are inspiring, as is his home made scope"fossil light" a superb piece of engineering!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Martins site is well worth book marking, lots of great advice on there. I had the pleasure of meeting last year, a real nice guy and very helpful. His images are inspiring, as is his home made scope"fossil light" a superb piece of engineering!

Ditto to this. I have met Martin a few times in recent years at Kelling Heath, attended one of his planetary imaging presentations and had the opportunity to look at and through his scope, which is a gem. He is very knowledgable and approachable and his website is a must read for tips and advice on planetary imaging.

• Like 2