NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first try

NenoVento

Hi all,

Here you have a picture I've just made (and processed) of The Sun:

Sol_2019-07-13-14-56-39_g6_ap1531_conv.thumb.png.714d27f8e7c54187468fd7d666a3df94.png

The gear:

• Sky-Watcher Evostar 72ED DS-Pro
  • Sky-Watcher HEQ-5
  • Baader ASTF
  • Risingcam GPCMOSS02000KMA

The software:

• ToupSky (I took 1000 frames with 0 gain and 0.428 ms)
  • Autostakkert
  • The Gimp

Making focus was a real pain because there are no spots at all... At least I managed to get some granulation :-).

Regards,

NV

• Like 8

Thanks @stargazer33 and specially to@Nigella Bryant. I love it!. I tried to add color myself by using gimp but could't. So much to learn... Actually, I sent the picture to a friend who is a professional astophysicist and he told me that to get granulation you need seeing of about 1 arcsecond. Since I live at the seaside, he suggested me to try taking these pictures early in the morning, the colder the day the better and as soon as The Sun gets higer than 20 degrees from the horizon.

The 0.85 reducer/flattener is already in my wish list all right ;-).

NV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NenoVento said:

Thanks @stargazer33 and specially to@Nigella Bryant. I love it!. I tried to add color myself by using gimp but could't. So much to learn... Actually, I sent the picture to a friend who is a professional astophysicist and he told me that to get granulation you need seeing of about 1 arcsecond. Since I live at the seaside, he suggested me to try taking these pictures early in the morning, the colder the day the better and as soon as The Sun gets higer than 20 degrees from the horizon.

The 0.85 reducer/flattener is already in my wish list all right ;-).

NV

Glad you liked it.

• 3 weeks later...