Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter + Europa 30th June - 1st test with ADC

chiltonstar

After three evenings assessing my newly-acquired atmospheric dispersion corrector (ADC - ZWO) visually, I had a 30 minute slot to test it out last night with an AS1224 camera attached to the 180 Mak. This is the best of three, and still not much compared to the experts with skill+location+aperture (skill being the most important factor I suspect) all three of which I lack!! 

Transparency was good/excellent, seeing about the same and the elevation above the horizon about 15 degrees.

The ADC has apparently made the image slightly sharper than other recent attempts over the last two weeks I've made at Jupiter (I couldn't test with and without ADC last night because of the very limited time until Jupiter crashed into a tree). Subjectively, I would say the colours were much "cleaner", more like the silvery pearl we see when Jupiter is higher above the horizon, and this has confirmed visual observations in the last few days.

Chris

23_42_35_g4_ap1_Drizzle15small.png

Edited by chiltonstar
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Pete Presland said:

Very nicely captured, I think the ADC is certainty a help downn at the current altitude.

Thanks.

On several of the AVIs,  I can just see the "eye" of the GRS starting to appear - first time this season.

Chris

• Like 1