NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with powering my scope please

OK - C8-NGT on HEQ5

I have the included cable with car cigarette lighter adapter on it, but otherwise nothing else.

I've been trawling the internet allllll day and i think i'm confusiong myself more than learning anything.

There are a couple of questions that keep cropping up - PLEASE bear in mind my actual electrical knowledge is nil. :)

Can I power it from the mains? I keep hearing about regulated voltage etc, and I'm concerned I'm going to do some damage to the scope.

I've also been recommended some powertanks, but I'm finding it hard to figure out how much battery time a scope like mine uses from one of these.

Also, how do you charge them up, is it mains?

I think once I get past these simple points i can go out and buy one. I don't mind spending more money on one that'll last longer, but i want to make sure I get the right one.

Ben.

Hi

Iv just bought the Sky Watcher Power Tank .I know its double the price but i think its

worth it. I dont want to start a car just power my scope.You have got a red torch light

with this ,plus a good power lantern .I new about the Maplins unit but i went for this.

I am glad i bought it.£40 ,F L O .

Steve

Archived