NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

1st attempt (this season) @ M45

blinky

Well everything that could go wrong did go wrong last night, no really it did.... First the laptop would not talk to the HEQ5, then when it would talk, EQMod refused to slew the mount! Eventually ran a long USB cable from another PC and remoted into it. The it took me an hour to get focus on the guide cam, dont know why :) Then of course the laoptop decided it's battery was flat :D . All in all it took me about 2.5hrs before I was even imaging and to cap it all off, when I did setup a run I left the focus mask on the front :withstupid: It really was one of those nights, oh and the yard half a mile away decided it would leave it's spot light pointing up at my house just to annoy me! Surprise surprise it is switched off tonight! Even though it is 0.5 a mile away it still casts shadows of me and the scopes on the house wall.

Anyway........I went for Orion, after seeing so many cracking images I just had to have a go. Below are 2 images, one shows just how much light pollution I had last night and the other is what I managed to pull out of 10 1 min subs. All in all it was good to be back outside, but very frustrating :p

10508_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

10509_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived