Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stacked smartphone video

I'm not totally happy with this, but seem to be making some progress at least.

I took some 30 second videos of the moon the other night, and then tried to stack and process one of them.

I started with PIPP, then went to Autostakkert, then on to IMPPG before a final tweak in Snapseed and the PS Express. Seems crazy to use so many processes but there you go!

This still seems to look a little over processed to me, but would welcome any thoughts and criticism. It does make me want to stick with single frames I must say, but if i can get some decent solar white light results i might persevere.

PSX_20190516_212348.jpg

• Like 7

This looks good Stu, I hear what your saying about single frames though...

When seeing is great I get single frames that are quite nice no stacking required and on those same nights doing video and stacking and single frames the stacks do look better than the single frames, on nights of bad seeing though stacking beats single frames by a good length but I just avoid snapping anything in bad seeing as the lure for me using a smartphone for lunar capture is a couple minutes of shooting and a few minutes more for post processing.

I would have sharpened this a bit more but that's me 😉

Edited by SIDO
  • Like 1

I like this Stu.. good job.

I think its a interesting field that's only going to get bigger & better. The smartphone makers can only really invest in making the camera's better as there's not many other areas left to develop now!. Rob