SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon 20/04/19

barkingsteve

Crazy good Steve, Best color moon I've seen in some time...You must be thrilled with this result.

Freddie...

Hi,

it's a nice image. However when zooming in on it or showing the image at native resolution it shows some very heavy posterization artifacts. is it possible that it was compressed a bit too much to post on this forum? I'm quite positive the original will not have these artifacts. or at least it shouldn't. Nonetheless a very fine image with obviously a very good colour balance and plenty of detail.

Wouter.

02_27_02_stitch.tiffHi wouter , i think i over-processed it trying to get as much colour and detail out as possible.  i am still a noob when it comes to processing :)  perhaps drizzle would help ?

here is the original image...

02_27_02_pipp_stitch.thumb.png.5b6efdf5306ef9ab373f4806348678d0.png

Edit:   Tried again and went a bit less aggressive on the processing...    at least i know what i need to learn next :) 

moonn.thumb.png.1238c71c17ec9d64e50ce7d44f8b457c.png

Archived