Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Click - artifical meteors

Demonperformer

Just seen this week's edition of Click.

Someone has sent a device into orbit that will shoot small particles into the earth's atmosphere to create artificial meteor showers - a "cosmic fireworks display". And why? Because "if you are lucky you may see one or two shooting stars in your life". Umm ...

Good to know I have lived thousands of lifetimes and now can consider myself lucky beyond all imagination, but when does the show start and where? ?

After thought...

Are not most of those unlucky enough to only see two meteors in a single lifetime dwelling under large dome light pollution? Will small particles even be visible to those under such conditions?

I have more questions than answers again...

It is something when you encounter someone who says they've never seen a shooting star!

You have to want to see one and it's not going to happen sitting on the couch. Got to be out there looking up, for who knows how long.

I consider myself very blessed every time I see one and though there is usually no one around to hear me, I say a soft thank you to who ever is up there listening.

2 hours ago, SIDO said:

Good to know I have lived thousands of lifetimes and now can consider myself lucky beyond all imagination, but when does the show start and where? ?

After thought...

Are not most of those unlucky enough to only see two meteors in a single lifetime dwelling under large dome light pollution? Will small particles even be visible to those under such conditions?

I have more questions than answers again...

There were no details about when the first one is going to be, but they did say the timing was suspiciously good for the opening of the 2020 Olympics. They see supposed to be a display that can be enjoyed (relative term) over a distance of 200 miles. They did not say if that was radius or diameter!

Archived