SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

QHY 183 C

Vixen4eva

Hi

I`m considering purchasing one of these to use with my Samyang 135 mm f2 ED. Is anyone using a similar setup? I`d like to know what adaptors i`ll need to get up and running. Would i still need a LP filter? I realise that these are pretty sensitive cameras!!!

If anyone can recommend something better or as good i`m all ears...

Alan

20 hours ago, Vixen4eva said:

Hi

I`m considering purchasing one of these to use with my Samyang 135 mm f2 ED. Is anyone using a similar setup? I`d like to know what adaptors i`ll need to get up and running. Would i still need a LP filter? I realise that these are pretty sensitive cameras!!!

If anyone can recommend something better or as good i`m all ears...

Alan

The mono version of the same camera. :)

10 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Also, is the 183 or the 163 the one to go for for the Samyang 135mm?  I also have the 14mm.  They are both super lenses and I use them a lot with terrestrial too.

Hard to say, depends on the fov you want as the 183 is a 1inch sensor and the 163 is 4/3 a tad bigger.

In any case you need to look in column 2 of table three for Canon mount or column 1 for Nikon, and each link is an item you need.
Next to each item is a number in brackets that gives the amount of back focus each item uses.

Archived