Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RR RST-135 Goto Mount

Rob

So I said I’d report back when I’d tried the new multi-star guiding on the RST-135. Well it’s currently chugging away in the back garden during my first break in the clouds for weeks and I have to say I’m pretty stunned by the results. I’d never had better than 1.2” with this mount, with an average of around 1.3”. This is the first time out with the new software on the ASIAIR Pro and it’s now averaging around 0.6 or better! Amazing😃👍

C810D592-8435-4F53-8C09-1936BC767D92.thumb.png.77d67b38e792c598c15ef2f4b48de553.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, UKRoman said:

This is the first time out with the new software on the ASIAIR Pro and it’s now averaging around 0.6 or better! Amazing😃👍

I have had mine running below 1.0", not tried multi-star guiding yet.

Are you connecting to the mount via WiFi ? something else I haven't got around to trying.

Dave

17 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

I have had mine running below 1.0", not tried multi-star guiding yet.

Are you connecting to the mount via WiFi ? something else I haven't got around to trying.

Dave

The mount is connected to the ASIAIR via USB cable and I connect to the ASIAIR via WiFi using my iPad. However the ASIAIR is connected to my home network using a TP-Link mini router to assist with the range issues the ASIAIR suffers from. 

11 hours ago, UKRoman said:

The mount is connected to the ASIAIR via USB cable and I connect to the ASIAIR via WiFi using my iPad. However the ASIAIR is connected to my home network using a TP-Link mini router to assist with the range issues the ASIAIR suffers from. 

Run mine independent of home network using iPad, there is the option to connect the mount to the ASIAIR Pro wirelessly to do away with another cable but haven't tried it yet.

Dave

3 hours ago, Ken82 said:

I want one 😀

just need to figure out what to do with my c11edge in planetary season as I think it will be too heavy ? 

A C11 may be a little too much, but I may just be overly cautious. I certainly I wouldn’t try it without a sturdy tripod and the RST-135 counterweight. 

Haven’t had much time for astronomy since I got my 135. Just a handful of solar sessions - visual in alt-az mode. Important to set up scope pointing south (in alt az only) before go-to with the hand controller. Normally the solar disc is just outside fov following go-to with a 40mm eyepiece. Requires a couple more centre/alignments on Sun to track accurately. Sky Safari over wi-fi seems to work well too.
Hoping to test it out on some night targets this evening. Glad others are making good progress.

• Like 1

Well, to report back - a great night! I was using a 4” frac from central London with a night vision monocular ( only way to see deep sky objects from the city). Looking up at my restricted view beforehand I could see a grand total of two stars in the sky (Denebola and zosma in Leo), with Arcturus slowly coming in to view. Aligned with the two Leo stars, and then Arcturus (not expecting great accuracy as they’re all so close together), and the 135 then took over. Super views of M3, a much more obscure M53, then wonderful to see M64 - the Black Eyed galaxy, almost centred in the view with 18.2mm Delite. Tracked really accurately too. The mount was spot on tonight, and is going to be very useful in my light polluted skies.

• Like 1