Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Skywatcher Scope!

Exciting times folks! Been saving up for ever it seems but thanks to Martin, and indeed all At FLO I have taken delivery of my Esprit Pro 150, and the mount - a Skywatcher AZ EQ6 GT in EQ and Alt Az.

A huge amount of large boxes on the doorstep to be sure.

It certainly is a big box that the scope came in. With a handle and 2 wheels! Because I don't have a permanent set up area it's definitely will be a well planned event to get out and set up for an evening viewing session.

Together with some rather nifty looking TeleVue EP's I reckon I should have some fun. Pictures to follow as soon as I have time to set it all up. And some form of amateur review!

Cheers to FLO for the good service!

More to add soon. David in Cumbria

Fabulous setup David, you will have fun with that! Purely visual? I'm guessing you will run in AltAz mode in that case? I had a 150mm f9 doublet on an AZEQ6 and it worked very nicely.

Look forward to seeing pictures soon.

I would definitely work on some form of semi permanent setup to make the most of it though. 150 Esprit isn't light!

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Fabulous setup David, you will have fun with that! Purely visual? I'm guessing you will run in AltAz mode in that case? I had a 150mm f9 doublet on an AZEQ6 and it worked very nicely.

Look forward to seeing pictures soon.

I would definitely work on some form of semi permanent setup to make the most of it though. 150 Esprit isn't light!

Yes I think purely visual for now. I'm going to tackle the photo possibilities with the 100 once I get a flattener.

David

Archived