NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

it gets addictive doesnt it

shamba504424

Hello again

Been out today again as lovely day again and it was another wow said out loud when I looked through the eyepiece, some wonderful proms (which I haven't processed yet) and the spot which to me as a newcomer seems to be moving amazingly quickly across the surface,when I compare yesterdays position to todays that is,just hope that the weather remains as it is for a few more days so that I can hopefully visually capture its progress on a day to day basis.

Once again thanks for all your really kind comments on the post I put on here yesterday,really encouraging,great forum

Tony

9-4-19a.jpeg

9-4-19b.jpeg

The Sun god is smiling on you Tony, it hasn't shown it's face for days here.

You can capture an overexposed disc image to bring out the proms then combine with the normal disc image in processing software.

Dave

Hi Dave

Usually sunny down where you are and cloudy up this way isnt it,I have captured an over exposed one for the proms but not very good at overlaying on top of the disc as not really got to grips with the way that Gimp  works yet to be able to do that successfully,will need to check out some tutorials on Youtube and hopefully get a decent merged image.

Hope you get some clear sky soon to be able to see this 

Archived