M100 Dual TEC turbo boosted

Tom OD

Hi All

Well Olly has already posted the First Light Dual TEC, but here is my attempt. Yes I burnt out the core, the background is noisy (And by posting it has got way noisier), its probably over-saturated but I enjoyed playing with this one. I love spiral galaxies, and at 1m imaging you can get close to those spiral arms despite their small size.

Tom

M100 LRGB Astro4 SGL.jpg

I like the colours a lot Tom! I just started on M100 & Co with the Esprit 150 and ASI071 and only got 2.5 hours so far = quite noisy and nothing to show. I do notice that you have some clear Ha regions in the galaxy so I wonder if your image is HaRGB or just RGB?

31 minutes ago, gorann said:

I like the colours a lot Tom! I just started on M100 & Co with the Esprit 150 and ASI071 and only got 2.5 hours so far = quite noisy and nothing to show. I do notice that you have some clear Ha regions in the galaxy so I wonder if your image is HaRGB or just RGB?

Thanks Gorann. This is LRGB. No Ha data in the image. As you say plenty of Ha regions in there. 

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

You galaxy has more pazzaz than mine and fuller colour. I think that somewhere between the two would do it. Really it needs another night's data but the sky has fallen over just now.

Olly

I gave it the auld Jazz Hands :) 

The galaxies are looking great, though the background is a tad noisy for me, specifically the colour noise. I would suggest if you have another go to not allow the saturation into the background. 

Lee

11 hours ago, Magnum said:

The galaxies are looking great, though the background is a tad noisy for me, specifically the colour noise. I would suggest if you have another go to not allow the saturation into the background. 

Lee

Thanks Magnum

Yes you are absolutely right, its way too noisy.  It got way worse when I posted it, but I must re visit some steps, as I was masking each step to prevent noise occurring.

Thanks Tom.

12 hours ago, Tom OD said:

It got way worse when I posted it, but I must re visit some steps, as I was masking each step to prevent noise occurring.

Thanks Tom.

Yes there is definitely something going on with my images when I post them in here, I wonder if there is a specific resolution or file size we can post at that would stop them being altered? ive searched but cant find any info on SGL about this issue.

Lee

2 hours ago, x6gas said:

Same here - mine are also often wildly different.  Can't recall who, but someone suggested changing the colourspace to sRGB before saving....

Pretty sure I did the sRGB profile. 

Plus this was only a few Meg’s I think. 

Time for one of the moderators to answer this I think. They might know if compression is occurring. 

Tom. 

19 minutes ago, Tom OD said:

Pretty sure I did the sRGB profile. 

Plus this was only a few Meg’s I think. 

Time for one of the moderators to answer this I think. They might know if compression is occurring. 

Tom. 

Hi Tom 

Have you checked your monitor's Gamma? A while back I got a new monitor and re-installed Windows at the same time. I was seeing a big difference in my online vs local images, even though my colour profile (sRGB) was fine. It turned out my Gamma wasn't set right. I thought I'd done it correctly but clearly I hadn't. I ran QuickGamma and the problem went away. 

Got to be worth a shot at least. 

3 hours ago, Xiga said:

Hi Tom 

Have you checked your monitor's Gamma? A while back I got a new monitor and re-installed Windows at the same time. I was seeing a big difference in my online vs local images, even though my colour profile (sRGB) was fine. It turned out my Gamma wasn't set right. I thought I'd done it correctly but clearly I hadn't. I ran QuickGamma and the problem went away. 

Got to be worth a shot at least. 

Hi Xiga

I calibrated my screen to my printers set up using the xbrite I think. It should be ok. 

I ll check out the gamma anyway just in case. 

Thanks Tom 

Archived