Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Those Helpful folk at FLO

GeoffM

Well, I took the plunge today and ordered one of the Celestron C6-S scopes on the CG-5 mount from FLO, I had originally settled on a Sky-Watcher 127 Mak synscan, but the extra light gathering capability and brilliant price of the Celestron was a bargain too good to be missed. should be with me tomorrow, so no doubt under the laws of Astronomy it will no doubt be cloudy now for at least a week :? I wonder if the length of time it stays cloudy is proportional to the amount of pennies you spend on your kit :scratch: . Still I can spend a few evenings getting to know the various bits and pieces beforehand. Looking at Aunty's forecast it should clear up for the weekend round here :hello2:

Can't thank Steve enough for his help and advice, excellent service.

Geoff.

You wont be disappointed with the scope, it gives real nice views. I have one of these that I find very good with it, good clear wide angle views...... http://www.astronomica.co.uk/index.php/Eyepieces/Super-Wide-Angle/Super-Wide-angle-15mm.html , for not a lot of money it is a cracker. This is the EP that spends the most time in my C6S.

Gary

You wont be disappointed with the scope, it gives real nice views. I have one of these that I find very good with it, good clear wide angle views...... http://www.astronomica.co.uk/index.php/Eyepieces/Super-Wide-Angle/Super-Wide-angle-15mm.html , for not a lot of money it is a cracker. This is the EP that spends the most time in my C6S.

Gary

Thanks for the tip Gary, I'll add it to my list (already got a list) of extra bits and pieces I will be getting in the new year.

Just purchased the C80ED from steve...

...what service.

I asked him a question on here and then 5 minutes later he rang my mobile to answer the questions.

I ordered the scope the next day and he called me at work when I had trouble with the Paypal payment.

Ordered the scope at 2:20pm yesterday and it arrived at 12:47 today.

That is service.

I have to admit that I was thinking of branching out to David Hinds just to try out other suppliers but I was glad I didn't (this is not a slur on David Hinds as I have never used them).

Cheers Steve.

Now that's done it..

I'd just got my list down to an 8" Skywatcher Dob, and then saw the C6-S on FLO website and thought ooohhh...

Oh well back to drawing board.

Will have to ring up FLO and let them guide me..

Enjoy your new scope Geoff

Matt

Archived