Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What a difference seeing makes!

Stu

Last night I had some great views of Schröter's Valley and took a few smartphone images through one channel of my binoviewer. These two images show the difference between one taken during a period of poor seeing, and one with good seeing. Amazing difference!

20190319_121335.jpg

20190319_121400.jpg

Actually John in this instance I just handheld the phone, no holder involved. I was using binoviewers and just used the phone up against one eyepiece, seemed to work!

I do have Celestron NeXYZ which works well, not perfect by any means but it generally works well. I also have a Televue Fonemate which works well with their compatible eyepieces, plus an Orion SteadyPix. I need to post up some reviews of all these at some point!

Nice Example Stu...

The thing is in bad seeing one can always save face by shooting the full disk, the Moon is just a great all rounder I think ?

Archived