Guide Scope Placement Position ????

I am wondering what is the best placement of a Guide Scope on telescope , for better guiding and balancing.

Because from what i see the traditional way is to place it on top of the main scope....some others they place it under the main scope on the mounting bar.....or at the side where the finder bracket is...

Does it make a difference on guiding results ????? this is how i have mine..............it's a guiding camera with a cctv lens.................

Thank you , 

Nikolas.

NoName00.jpg

Hi, it has no difference in guiding, but placing it in the bottom has some benefits if guider scope is large:

1) A bit easier to balance as it will be closer to the center;

2) Enables to use another scope on top as a dual rig.

But in your case, your guider is very small, so it will not disturb any scope which may end up on the top someday and it does not look like the second scope will obstruct FOV of your guider.

So I would not bother changing anything at the moment.

"Do not touch, if it works!" :)

Hi,

Closer to the Mount Center, same direction of main scope, rigid base. Try your set up as shown above, and if it creates eggystars remove the ballhead and try fixing on a flat base.

600s is quiet easy to achieve with accurate PA.

CS

Rush

Archived