PK64+31.1 (Planetary Neb)

astro mick

Hi.

This is a very faint Planetary Nebulae in Lynx,especially so for a ED72 at F5.8.

This is an LRGB image taken with an Atik 314L+ ccd.

Fours hours of Luminance + 1.5hrs each in RGB.(All 1x1 Bin)

The Nebulae could hardly be seen on a 600 sec sub even with the Luminance filter.

Found it quite difficult to tease it out,without blowing the stars,especially in the Blue.

It may respond better to Narrowband Filters.

Cheers.

Mick.

PK64b.png

1 hour ago, x6gas said:

Gosh that is a faint one!  Nice image... is there a reason you've framed it as you have?

Hi.

Plate solving found the Nebulae by the input of its co-ordinates.This is where it showed up after i exposed for about 5 mins.I tried to do a manual shift to the centre,but even on a 1-2min download i still could not see the Planetary.I suppose thinking about it now i could tried binning 2x2. So i just accepted the original plate slove position.

Mick.

11 minutes ago, astro mick said:

Hi.

Plate solving found the Nebulae by the input of its co-ordinates.This is where it showed up after i exposed for about 5 mins.I tried to do a manual shift to the centre,but even on a 1-2min download i still could not see the Planetary.I suppose thinking about it now i could tried binning 2x2. So i just accepted the original plate slove position.

Mick.

Ah interesting.  Your focusing appears nice and tight across the whole frame so it doesn't really matter...

I was thinking about imaging one of the Abell catalogue objects the other week but the database in my CEM60 clearly had the wrong coordinates - like by around 60 degrees!   I could have entered the location manually, of course, but ended up imaging a completely different target!

1 hour ago, blinky said:

Did you add in the star spikes?  Very nice image, I have added it to my list of potential targets when I visit a dark sky site in Scotland next week.

Hi Blinky,yes i did.

Good luck with the image,i,m looking forward to seeing it.

Mick.

Very nice image.

The SAC catalogue in Cartes du Ciel has it perfectly positioned.

Have you checked that the epoch is set the same in all your software?  I had small, but annoying, discrepancies until I set everything to J2000.  It took me ages to notice that EQMOD had an epoch setting!

2 hours ago, don4l said:

Very nice image.

The SAC catalogue in Cartes du Ciel has it perfectly positioned.

Have you checked that the epoch is set the same in all your software?  I had small, but annoying, discrepancies until I set everything to J2000.  It took me ages to notice that EQMOD had an epoch setting!

Plus also i took my co-ordinates from a catalogue source.May have a discrepency.

Archived