NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

1 hour ago, Fieldsy said:

Anyone with 130pds that's guided what guide scope do you use and have how you balanced it .pics would be great.

Si

Any 50mm guide scope will do, I use an orion finder guider.

I also got a longer 33cm dovetail top and bottom of the rings to move the center of Gravity backwards.

The finder guider is mounted to the rear of the top dovetail.

Adam

• 1 year later...
On 01/03/2019 at 23:51, Fieldsy said:

Anyone with 130pds that's guided what guide scope do you use and have how you balanced it .pics would be great.

Si

What did you do in the end mate? I'm in a similar scenario 

Edited by Dan13

1 hour ago, Fieldsy said:

Ankle weights have balanced it out perfectly

Thanks. I'm using an ankle weight currently due to my dslr weight. Have you experienced any flexure? What scope did you go for? 

46 minutes ago, Whistlin Bob said:

I use a finder guider too- it was always fine until I got a cooled camera and filter wheel, then it wouldn't balance. Fixed it by moving the guider to the back of the scope.

IMG_20200425_181122252.thumb.jpg.d291e02d29a1d702f5c3e9fdca837225.jpg

That's different to the 130pds is that a 150 ? The 130 has the focusser and the show fixture the same end 

1 hour ago, Dan13 said:

That's different to the 130pds is that a 150 ? The 130 has the focusser and the show fixture the same end 

Hi - no, it's a 130, I put new holes for the finder foot at the other end of scope in order to enable the balance without adding weight- worked a treat.

Home made guide scope, made from a 70mm binocular lens then used PC piping to get the length, with a door extruder plate bent as a support held by hose pipe clips. Secured on the knurled screws on top of the tube rings.

20200425_225025.jpg

Edited by Skyline

17 hours ago, Whistlin Bob said:

Hi - no, it's a 130, I put new holes for the finder foot at the other end of scope in order to enable the balance without adding weight- worked a treat.

ah ok thats food for thought thank you

7 hours ago, Dan13 said:

ah ok thats food for thought thank you

I did basically the same.  With 1100g camera, my 130PDS is quite nose heavy.  Wanting to keep the camera on the 'inside', towards the mount, for balancing reasons, there are limitations to how far back I can move the OTA, before the focuser clashes with the larger ADM saddle I have put on my mount.  Drilling a couple of holes for an extra finder shoe for my guidscope and putting it in the rear part of the scope fixes the issue - just.

130PDS setup1.jpg