NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ha subs

Brian28

Hi all .. managed an all nighter on Tuesday, taking subs of M51 and the Rosette Nebula ..which I took in colour and then Ha . 

After staking in DSS the resulting pic file for the Ha subs was Blue ?  Is this correct ? Taken with a  QHY163C..  (when I took some pics before with a DSLR and the Ha filter the subs were red ?.. )

When I started to process in PS , it was the Blue channel that seemed to have all the data  , does this matter ? 

can anyone explain what's going on ..  

Brian 

I'd ignore the RGGB settings in APT as this is not debayering your subs. I'd try what almcl said and stack with BGGR debayer. 

If your detail is in the blue channel then the debayer setting is obviously the wrong way round in blue and red. 

13 hours ago, Brian28 said:

Hi , no I meant it was already set to RGGB when I checked.     So redoing the stacking will not make any difference.. 

Sorry if it wasn't clear above, but I think you need BGGR, not RGGB.

Archived