Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Networking - No Route to Host

Gina

Yes. That's what I was trying to do in my original topic in 2016. I couldn't get it to take an image or even a preview. I might have another go but I dont plan to use Indi with an asc. The software I am using seems to do the job. Here's a recent startrails image from a test from the upstairs window

startrails-20190226.thumb.jpg.3f8f32c8906b948110667ab9c094a568.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SD card that came out of the ASC is showing lots of errors in the OS and won't display the GUI so I don't think it's worth the effort to recover it.  I also have 2 other cards with corrupted Ubuntu Mate on.  I have my modified INDI driver files on this Mint desktop and all the other packages can be loaded by the script so starting from scratch seems the logical option.  I shall need to modify one of the drivers anyway if I use  the Fujinon zoom lens.

9 hours ago, Gina said:

I meant the wooden framework under the window.

Its a pergola, designed and built by my own fair hand. Looking a bit sad these days but here it is as new (over 10yrs ago). The asc is on the inside window ledge of the rightmost upstairs window above at the moment. Eventually I want to put it out on top of one of the pergola  posts. My weather station is on the nearest corner post these days so a 12v supply is available.

2006_08280051.thumb.JPG.8f54e1492a3746300a46aaa743b4f952.JPG

Starting from scratch I'm confident I can get WiFi working as I have done in the past.  I've also concluded that the micro SD in the RPi currently has got corrupted and that fixing it would be more difficult and time consuming than starting from scratch so I guess this thread has come to a conclusion.  Thank you everyone who has contributed with advice and suggestions.  :thumbsup:

Archived