Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Successful Autoguiding!!

simondodd

Its a good feeling!  It seems to be an exceptionally difficult thing to get set up in the first place, what with drivers, USB connection issues etc etc etc.  

But then it all clicks into place ?   I suspect you will be saving up for a coma corrector next, to ensure nice round stars all across the frame, not just in the centre. (See how they look elongated towards the edges, all pointing towards the centre?)

9 minutes ago, mikey2000 said:

Its a good feeling!  It seems to be an exceptionally difficult thing to get set up in the first place, what with drivers, USB connection issues etc etc etc.  

But then it all clicks into place ?   I suspect you will be saving up for a coma corrector next, to ensure nice round stars all across the frame, not just in the centre. (See how they look elongated towards the edges, all pointing towards the centre?)

Ha!  I was just about to post exactly the same both about that great feeling when you first get autoguiding going and the coma corrector.

Archived