SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon 600D or 450D?

matt_baker

Not sure which one to go with here, I don't really care about the swivel screen that much, just that is the sensor better/same or worse than one another and the increased megapixel count. Does that really make a difference?

P.S. These will both be astro modded

23 minutes ago, michael8554 said:

The swivel screen is indeed a nice feature, but if you're connected to a PC for imaging control you'll find you never use it.

Best image quality should be your first priority.

So if money is tight, the 450D is a worthy second best to the 600D.

Michael 

I sort of agree but my own experience is that the camera screen will show far more stars even very feint ones (perfect for on/off focusing) when using the X5 and X10 zoom buttons than you will ever see on a tethered PC display.

Alan

5 minutes ago, michael8554 said:

I get X5 and X10 LiveView display on my PC..........?

And it's 21inch so very easy to focus with Bat mask and Bat Grabber software.

Michael 

What puts me off is the fact I go on Astrobin and find some god awful pictures with the 450D, which has probably very good data but just processed poorly.

However sometimes I come across well edited pictures, even with just a fraction of the data.

I'm most likely being too nit picky but I don't want to make the wrong choice as this'll last me up until I can save for a mono cooled like the ASI1600 

Archived