NGC 7000 In Bicolor

Firas

This is a set of three attempts made from last year and this year of the dramatic North America nebula. 

I processed it many times but was never really satisfied. Then on a sunny day, I found a solution that preserved the colour, sharpness and the overall dynamics in the object or that what I think I see anyways. 

I think the struggle with processing was inevitable, as I was trying to understand and identify the problems with each step. I can say now that I have a better understanding of color blending in Ha and OIII. Although I tend to be on the conservative side of color saturation, I couldn't resist the beautiful variation of the pink and blue the Bicolor produced. It somehow was asking for it. 

This is,

33- 900 sec in Ha 

24- 900 sec in OIII

equaling 14.2 hours of integration in total .  

Shot from my balcony in the middle of Stockholm City with Morovaian G2 8300 and the trusty skywatcher 80 ED. 

Thanks! 

NGC7000_HOO.thumb.jpg.34a82e1acdab6b7da6379b0ab8ae0346.jpg

20 hours ago, don4l said:

That's different - and I like it a lot.

Would you mind sharing how you processed it?

Well, it isn't easy really but I will try, 

I used Pixilmath in Pixinsight to get the Bicolor. 

Stretch the image further and adjust the color to your liking in Curves adjustment using inverted layer of the image. 

Extract a luminance layer. 

Use convolution and blur out.  

Use LRGB Combination and select the extracted luminance layer to blend into the image. This will kill any noise or chrominance noise and gives nice dynamics. 

Star masks and other masks are needed to target different  areas. 

Th rest is a matter of what you see is problematic and how to handel it. 

Hope that helps

19 hours ago, peter shah said:

love the colour.... superb image

19 hours ago, Ruud said:

It's spectacular with those pinpoint stars against that beautifully coloured and finely detailed nebula.

Awesome!

18 hours ago, Barry-Wilson said:

A very striking bi-colour palette.  Super.

Very much appreciated guys!

Glad you liked it! 

6 hours ago, gorann said:

I think I like everything about this image Firas, from the dust and details to the colour. Congratulations to a great final result!

Very kind of you to say Göran! Glad you liked it!

Archived