IC443 + IC444

Adreneline

Hi Everyone.

A nice clear night at last with a gale force wind battering the mount that gave PHD2 something to think about.

This is 12 x 300s of Ha, OIII and SII but then I went back to the OIII to grab another 4 x 1200s because the 300s were so faint.

Taken with the Atik428ex and Samyang 135mm. I'm really struggling to contain mu-Gem and Propus from standing out like two beacons.

Processed in PI and finished in PS.

1116160941_ic443_pi-5S5H4H6OO_ps.thumb.png.c636d24e57e79397c188c2976b4263de.png

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

On 30/01/2019 at 04:04, SIDO said:

Well Done, I really like the close up...

On 30/01/2019 at 09:55, Hallingskies said:

Nice job on controlling the bright stars.

14 hours ago, bob-c said:

they are both smashing pics.

3 hours ago, peter shah said:

got to love the expanse of the faint stuff....love the framing

Thanks for all the nice comments - very much appreciated.

I love using the 135mm/428ex combination even though I have to sacrifice detail for expanse. I do like seeing these objects in the apparent vastness of the surrounding space.

At my location the nebula season is pretty much over (light pollution, houses and trees prevent me from seeing anything in the south through western hemisphere unless it is really high up) so I think it may be time to dust off the ED80DS and have a play at some Ha-LRGB for a while.

Regards,

Adrian

Archived