Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Um, where's the degree key?

I've been meaning to ask this for some time now. I don't see one on my keyboard. I realize there are different configurations and being from Canada, I suppose mine would be U.S. inspired (QWERTY if that makes sense). Getting tired of typing deg. or using * (people must think I'm trying to make a point they can never understand!).

° This is what you are looking for. You can copy and paste it from the character map or if you have a desk top PC then the key code is alt+0176, I cant get the key code to work on my laptop though so I think you need a dedicated nuber kep pad like on a standard key board.

Hope that helps.

Gary

mmm, there aint a num lock key on this lappy, that is probably not going to help. I have a blue function key 'Fn' and some of the letter keys have blue numbers on them. I tried using them but I can get the key stroke code to work.

Not a big problem as I usually just copy and paste them from the char map.

Gary

mmm, there aint a num lock key on this lappy, that is probably not going to help. I have a blue function key 'Fn' and some of the letter keys have blue numbers on them. I tried using them but I can get the key stroke code to work.

Not a big problem as I usually just copy and paste them from the char map.

Gary

Which is by far the easiest way to do it... the blue numlk might be on the scrlk key... i just used DMS dms OR D ' " whatever takes my fancy at the time...

Billy...

Hey wow, 0176 and 248 work on my keyboard. :D

Question.. do UK keyboards have an available £ symbol? My keyboard has our $ symbol (shift/4) but to get the £ symbol I need to use ALT/0163. Another one I wish they'd have on the keyboard is © (ALT/0169).

Btw, there are lots of symbols in the character map.

(Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Character Map)

don't you have kcharselect or something like that?

This sounds like something linux based. I'm woefully lacking in knowledge about this OS. It gets me to & around the net and that's about the extent of it. My friend set it up for me as a cheap (free) alternative to the windows program that crashed (he swears by linux). Maybe it's simpler to setup a key on the keyboard than install peripherals? -Vectorlinux causes one to feel the need to become a programmer to do even the simplest things at times. Far more knowledge is required than any windows variant (and I just don't have the interest to spend the time learning!).

Archived