NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from South Oxfordshire

Miles

On 17/02/2019 at 01:11, Miles said:

Hi, I am in Didcot, so am hoping for a few nice evenings at Wittenham Clumps when it warms up a bit.

I used to go there, (Wittenham Clumps), with my late uncle, (my late mothers brother), when I was a kid. My sister has recently moved to Didcot.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many years in Didcot... Armpit [teasing] PEARL of S.Oxon! I think it a shame
it so often gets a bad rap! I miss the modern facilities... transport... walking. ?

I actually WALKED (no car) from Didcot to Abingdon AS... I nearly got killed
on local roads at night! (They take no prisoners) lol. A very active society... ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2019 at 10:16, chiltonstar said:

A warm welcome from another local - have you made it to Abingdon AS yet?

Chris

Hi, yes I have been to the last two meetings (one of which was this evening). Nice bunch! Tonight there was a great talk on spectroscopy.

On 28/02/2019 at 10:41, Macavity said:

Many years in Didcot... Armpit [teasing] PEARL of S.Oxon! I think it a shame
it so often gets a bad rap! I miss the modern facilities... transport... walking. ?

I actually WALKED (no car) from Didcot to Abingdon AS... I nearly got killed
on local roads at night! (They take no prisoners) lol. A very active society... ? 

I really like it here, I'm from Kent originally (one of the not so nice parts) and much prefer this area. People seem much friendlier too.

14 hours ago, chiltonstar said:

It was an excellent presentation, wasn't it?

Chris

Yes, I really enjoyed it! In time, it seems like an area I would thoroughly enjoy researching/practicing. I really wanted to know more about the mathematical models used in his work, but it didn't seem the time to bombard him with such questions.

Archived