First Deep Sky Pictures

DanLXIX

Over the last two nights I had my first go at a DSO. Last night was a tough one because I had a real struggle to get aligned so it was tracking poorly and it was windy. The result was less than satisfying.

I spent some time today knocking up something to help the PA and had a second go this evening. I think the result is much better.

Question is, can I improve on this without going guided, and if so what should I try? I shot 20 x 15s at ISO800 tonight. I used Sequator to stack them and Lightroom to post process.

orion nebula 30-12-18-2.jpg

orion nebula 01-01-19.jpg

16 hours ago, geordie85 said:

Flat frames will help a lot. You could also try drift alignment to get better polar alignment 

Yep, I know I need to start using flats - my next bit of the curve. I'm also aware I need to up the total exposure time so that means more of longer shots. I will keep trying on Orion seeing as I have something to build on.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived