Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First deep sky image

TheDadure

This is the first time i imaged deep sky object,actually i did some imagging but it was only  wide field.

I took this picture from my balcony in city,i couldn't polar allign so i just pointed my skywatcher star adventurer north and set it to 45 degreees on polaris(polaris is not visible because my balcony is oriented to east)

camera was canon 1300d(not modified)

lens tair 3 300mm,wide open at f4.5

iso was 1600 and exposure time was 30spleiadesS.thumb.jpg.7e5526c1af31bcf2386587a43ad05d2a.jpg

it was not guided and 20 lights,10 darks and 12 bias frames were used.

stacked in deep sky stacker and processed in lightroom.

i think it is a bit too overprocessed in lightroom(it was because i needed to remove all the light pollution) and that f4.5 shows a bit chromatic aberration and stars too big,but i will do better next time.

Except everything i just said do you guys have any recommedations to add.

My next targets are probably going to be m31 and m42,but i will picture them from a darker site :)

ps. it was pretty cloudy so i didn't have enough time and some frames stacked had clouds in it so i think that had impact on ifnal image,moon was just below horizon

That is a great first image with your equipment, you must be pleased.

My the 1100d I find flats and dark flats help with noise and make dealing with light pollution easier.

You might want to read up on drift aligning, and once known where to place your tripod could you mark the balcony somehow so you can position in the same place again.

56 minutes ago, TheDadure said:

Thanks for advice,i am definitely going to try drift alligning and taking flats and dark flats.

Even if you can only see East you can drift align by adjusting just Alt due East and rely on a true north compass setting for Az.

Louise

Archived